Andrew Yang formally announced his candidacy for New York City mayor in a video posted online Wednesday night.
- Andrew Yang is officially in for the New York City mayoral race.
- The former presidential hopeful and entrepreneur is proposing a "people's bank" and a nascent basic income program.
- Yang enters a sprawling field as the 10th major candidate in the Democratic primary alone, carrying more name recognition than any of his opponents.
- The primary will also be the first in the city's history with ranked choice voting, allowing voters to pick their top five choices in order.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.