The White House says it would be ‘counterproductive’ to allow expert to testify before Congress, as Trump hopes for fewer than 100,000 dead and testing row continues in UK
- Exclusive: US germ warfare lab creates test for pre-infectious Covid-19
- Where did Covid-19 come from? What we know about its origins
- Lingering and painful: the long road to coronavirus recovery
- US coronavirus updates - live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Yesterday, Beijing correspondent Lily Kuo published this piece on the “dining table revolution” in China, seeking to end, or at least change, the tradition of all-in communal meals, and reduce physical contact and shared utensils.
Today Zoe Williams looks at how European cuisine may also struggle to adjust.
California’s governor, Gavin Newsom, promised “meaningful” adjustments to stay-at-home orders in the coming days as protesters gathered in the capital of Sacramento and in Orange county’s Huntington Beach, a recent flashpoint after Newsom ordered beaches there to close following a busy weekend.
In Sacramento, the state’s capital, a packed crowd of protesters faced off with lines of riot cops in a tense and chaotic protest on Friday afternoon.Continue reading...