- Governor: hospitalizations below 10,000 for first time since mid-March
- Mike Pompeo claims ‘significant evidence’ virus came from China lab
- Trump blocks Fauci testimony as death toll hits 66,000
- Pandemic brings war on science to the boil – who will win?
- Coronavirus – global coverage live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
After noting that New York state has spent more than $2 billion on medical equipment this year alone, Cuomo announces the formation of a regional buying consortium with seven neighboring states to “increase market power and bring down prices” in the pursuit of PPE, ventilators and other medical equipment.
The governor says the mutual-aid agreement “will make us more competitive in the international marketplace and I believe it will save taxpayers money”.
New York governor Andrew Cuomo says the number of current Covid-19 hospitalizations statewide has dropped below 10,000 for the first time since mid-March in his daily coronavirus briefing from Albany.
The number of new hospitalizations over the last 24-hour period has also fallen to 789, though Cuomo warns this could be an anomaly.Continue reading...