- Protests sweep California as governor promises changes to lockdown
- Is Trump about to fail the US on coronavirus testing?
- New York nursing home reports 98 deaths in ‘horrifying’ outbreak
- Live global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
…and welcome to another day of coverage of the coronavirus outbreak in the US, and of course the politics around it. First the figures, according to researchers at Johns Hopkins University in Maryland:
In her maiden White House press conference, @PressSec maintained Trump admin criticism of WHO, but in so doing gave a misleading and in some cases false, account of WHO's record.
Here's a fact check thread on that: 1/11