- Presumptive Democratic nominee interviewed on MSNBC
- Covid-19 cases above 1m as White House blames China
- Coronavirus outbreak – global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
…and welcome to another day of coverage of the coronavirus outbreak – and politics, both concerning the pandemic and tilted towards the election in November – in the US.
The main news of the morning is that Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, will appear on MSNBC’s Morning Joe to answer questions for the first time about an allegation of sexual assault against him.
I recognize my responsibility to be a voice, an advocate, and a leader for the change in culture that has begun but is nowhere near finished. So I want to address allegations by a former staffer that I engaged in misconduct 27 years ago: They aren’t true. This never happened.Continue reading...