A group of men who are believed to have attacked at least four different people – slashing three of them – during a 12-minute violence spree on Friday morning in the Big Apple's subway, as officials tell Fox News: "Enough is enough."
The terrifying string of attacks highlights what city transportation officials are calling a need for more uniformed police officers in the subway system, despite how Mayor de Blasio has pushed the idea that the prevalence of crime will decrease with the increased presence of riders as coronavirus pandemic restrictions begin to lift.
The suspects were taken into custody on Friday afternoon, though their identities were not yet released, according to authorities. New York City police nabbed four people in connection with the attack, spotting and arresting them in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Officials said one of the suspects had been arrested for a similar crime in January and was released without bond at the time.
The first of Friday’s incidents was reported around 4:25 a.m., when a 44-year-old man riding a southbound No. 4 train was approached by two men, one of whom slashed him in the face, police said. The victim got off the subway at Manhattan’s Union Square Station.
Enough is enough. The mayor is risking New York’s recovery every time he lets these incidents go by without meaningful action